Visa Time!!

So we were right!! My Visa pack arrived bright and early this morning at around 9.30.

I'm not going to upload any pictures of the documents enclosed- as I don't want to get in any sort of trouble with the U.S Government! but it looked exactly like the Disney pack, except it contains several letters about your visa, instructions and the I-94 White card to be filled in before arrival.

My pack was slightly different- and slightly more confusing. As I was on the waitlist, I received a place when somebody else dropped out due to unforeseen circumstances. And so some of the visa documentation had already been put into motion before I was offered the place, meaning there are a few extra letters explaining to me (and to the US Embassy as they have been sent a copy) the change in employee, name, etc.

Next step is to phone the US Embassy tomorrow. I don't know how they do their appointments, whether they block out a specific time/date to deal with Q-1 visas, but I have heard that these are normally processed early in the day. So the plan is, to wait until Kirstie has finished work tomorrow, go on msn.. and then for one of us to ring first (I think) select a date, then the other one ring and get the same date.. and then text Kyle so that he can get the same date too. Then we can tell the rest of the group what date to select (if the Embassy don't give us the date I mean)

Then after that it will be time to fill in the online application for the Visa.. and for this you are apparently always signed out, and have to upload a passport photo. Thinking that I may have to go to a place in town that take custom shots to scale. Then I'll have to go to a friends house to scan in the photo and save it to a USB stick. I just have to make things complicated! Thank god Yummy have given us a detailed set of instructions!

I think I'll leave purchasing the insurance for a week or so. As I'll have to pay the $150 over the phone tomorrow for the visa. And also I guess there is still that possibility that the Embassy could turn round and say no. Silly fear I know, but I'll hold off buying the insurance until the visa is approved. Then it's all systems go- "To infinity and beyond!"

Anyway.. To the March 22nd group, have an amazing journey! Particularly Stevie, who was one of the first people I met in Starbucks before the face to face interviews in London- on October 2nd :) I spent most of the day with her and a few others (you know who you are!) Have a great time making magic, and I shall see you out there in 6 weeks 1 day! xx


"Buzz- Excuse me, I think the word you are searching for is 'Space Ranger'.
Woody- The word I'm searching for I can't say because there's preschool toys present!"

No comments:

Post a Comment