Moaning Myrtle

Hey guys, I know I was a bit down in the dumps today with the whole being left out thingy.. I apologise, the theme does continue for the first part here too.. but bear with me :)

So I was looking through loads of other blogs of the CRPs that are going out this year. And I realised a load of them had to do lists of things they want to see and do whilst living and working in Florida, some Disney, some Floridian and others just general. I'd seen a few of these before, but then I realised people have kind of bunched together or grouped up to create lists. And I couldnt help wondering, "Hey! Who's gunna be left to come with me?!"

BUT THEN...
I pulled myself out of that way of thinking. There are going to be other people who get a place that were a bit like me the first time I applied for the program in 2009. People who didn't notice the forums, didn't read the blogs and thus didn't get invited to any of the facebook groups either. (Maybe if I had got a place the scenario would be different) Anyhow.. there are probably going to be people out there who kept themselves to themselves at the interviews and have been so busy making arrangements to search the internet for other people who are in the same boat.

So I'm actually very lucky to have already had some contact with a few people. And to those people who don't know anybody can always feel free to come and say Hi to me.. As I've said before Disney people are so welcoming and friendly in my experience so far, theres no need to be shy or nervous in approaching people (for help or advice that is!!).

I also got to thinking, that although loads of my friends at home and at Uni knew I was a massive Disney fan, I'm still not sure they got the extent of it. (Although they said they did!! Haha!) I'd occassionally watch a Disney film with some of them, and everyone knew where to come if they wanted to borrow 'The Lion King' or 'Aladdin'. I did make them swear to return them in pristine condition, or there would be trouble though. There were a few funny incidents with Disney films while at Uni but I may post them at a later date.
ANYWAY, back to the point. I'm finally going to be around people who will actually understands and can share in a love of Disney, who will burst out into a Disney song.. or quote.. or want to watch a film. And I'm really looking forward to that :)


"I have often dreamed, of a far off place
Where a great, warm welcome will be waiting for me.
Where the crowds will cheer when they see my face,
And a voice keeps saying, this is where I'm meant to be"

No comments:

Post a Comment