Poor Unfortunate Soul

To the citizens of Japan, and relatives around the globe.. I think the whole world is watching and sending out their thoughts and prayers for the awful events that have taken place over the past week. The news and pictures are so saddening, yet fascinating in regards to the response, resilience and strength of the people, Our thoughts are with you.

I don't think there is any message or blog that I could post which could follow that awful news. But I didn't want to post again without saying something in respect.

This morning I got my CRB form through- all clear, no criminal record. It actually made me smile when I saw "Position of employment- Children's cast member. Employer- Disney" Yay :) There is nothing that I have to with that form.. so I've just put it in my folder for all things to take to Disney--- although I could leave it at home, I won't need it out there. Just then I know where it is.

I also had my appointment at the bank today, Mum came with me- as it potentially involved her account too.
The girl at the bank was actually really lovely. Occassionally I don't really trust banks when they just sound like they are trying to sell you something, like they will bargain for your soul!(Or you're voice ;)), but this wasn't the case at all! She couldn't have been lovelier- only a year or two older than me- and when I told her I was going abroad to work for Disney her jaw hit the floor. You know sometimes I think some people are more excited than me about this (although that's not true, I'm very excited, just it has had time to sink in!!)

Basically... the best option turned out for Mum to upgrade her credit card- to one she could use abroad for free, and then for me to have a secondary card to that account. So now there is no going crazy with the card! Though Mum has said that if I put a couple of small purchases on it say once a month both she and I will keep track. Then when she comes out to visit me in November, I can pay her back in dollars and sort everything out. It is really only meant for emergencies, like a safety net per se.



"You poor unfortunate soul!
It's sad,
But true!
If you want to cross a bridge, my sweet
You've got to pay the toll
Take a gulp and take a breath
And go ahead and sign the scroll!
(Flotsam, Jetsam, now I've got her, boys)
The boss is on a roll

This poor unfortunate soul..."


No comments:

Post a Comment