Filling in the online Visa form (DS-160)

Soo I got round to doing the online DS-160 form for my Visa.
If you are doing the CRP, you will have to fill in this form after booking your Embassy appointment, print out the confirmation and take it with you to the Embassy.

Yummy Jobs have provided an excellent set of instructions and FAQs which I recommend printing out, or having open in another window or tab, while you are completing the DS-160. They are so useful, and reading through them first will make you feel more at ease when certain confusing questions come up.

As everyone else has said; save often! I was lucky and was signed out twice in just over an hour, but I can see how annoying losing all that information would be. Especially if you are asked about previous employment, as I was. Oh and keep a copy of your CV and your passport close to hand!

The form is relatively straight forward. Only a few things I got a bit confused with, one thing being the place of issue for UK passports. After some Googling, I put London, UK so I'm hoping that's alright! There is also the long checklists of your criminal background; have you ever/ or are you coming to the U.S to undertake in; prostitution, terrorism, money laundering, drug dealing etc... to which I hope all Disney applicants would answer No! just remember that it's all fun and games among friend but the U.S Embassy and Government does not have a sense of humour and will not take kindly to you joking about these things! And your Visa will be denied, so is it really worth it?!

My photo was also fine, it uploaded clearly and passed the suitability- Yay! That was one of the main things I was worried about. You have to print out the confirmation at the end too, so make sure your printer is alright. My printer is a bit random, trying to print out the form at first and it only printed the picture. Second time (in colour) was fine but gave me Ariel-red hair (I have medium brown hair, so didn't think the Embassy would take kindly to that). Third time printed out fine- in black and white- I have also included the colour copy, just in case, but I'm pretty sure it will be alright- the barcode is clearly readable.

So now my folder is all ready; got the confirmation of DS-160, confirmation of Visa interview, receipt of MRV fee, existing passport and past passport, a spare 2x2 inch visa photo and my offer letter. I'll probably take my whole Disney folder up that has everything in, just so I don't forget anything! Then hopefully everything will go smoothly and I get to be part of the Disney dream!

"I know something's starting right now, 
Watch and you'll see, 
Someday I'll be, 
Part of your World"

No comments:

Post a Comment