200!!... Be Prepared!

Wow!! It's official.. I have reached over 200 views of my blog :)
Whoever you guys are reading this- Thank You so much! Makes me feel like I'm not writing completely ridiculous rubbish, or if I am that some of it may be worth a read!

Hopefully once I get out there, there will be more worthwhile stuff to read. Just wanted to get into a routine of posting somewhat regularly before I go!

So, I've been putting it off for ages, but I'm thinking that lists need to be made. I've already made a list of people to see before I go to sort things out; Bank, Doctor, Optician. I have an appointment at the bank tomorrow to talk over options of getting a credit card/ getting a credit card of my Mum's account.. and to talk through how to use my existing cards abroad etc.

And before people start getting worried about a credit card, that is exactly why I have booked an appointment to talk to someone. I'm usually really careful with money, just want a credit card there in case of emergencies really.. not to take on a jolly around the Florida Mall!!

I also need to make lists of what I need to buy before I go, what to pack, and some things that I want to do/achieve while out there. It's all a matter of being prepared really. Just need to prepare in case of most eventualities- at least for getting there/arrival.

I was talking through the Student Loans forms with Kirstie earlier. I got sent a couple of forms to fill in from the Student Loans Company about repayment of my loan (which is due to start in April) , and it asked for your employment situation or if you are/ will be living abroad in April. So as I'm going in May I filled out both forms.. printed out a copy of my offer letter with my dates for the program, and a form that indicated how much I would get paid per hour.

My thinking is, that if the Student Loans Co. want more information then they will let me know, and then I can send it or phone them. Though it is my understanding that they also ask you to retain a lot of your payslips once over there for them to see. See- all about being prepared!!

An Evil, but valid point... :)


"So prepare for a chance of a lifetime
Be prepared for sensational news
A shining new era
Is tiptoeing nearer
Be Prepared!"

No comments:

Post a Comment