Insurance Puzzle

So last time I posted I told you all about the hell of insurance.

3 out of the 4 companies got back to me today. And I received an e-mail from yummy asking me to buy my insurance asap and forward them the policy number by noon tomorrow. This, of course, was fair as they need to know that I am covered before I head out on Tuesday.

So tonight, Kirstie, Kyle and I all sat on MSN in a 3 way conversation to navigate the treacherous waters of insurance policies.

Now I am unable to provide you with any sort of advice on which companies to go with. I can only tell you of my experience.

Both Kyle and I received somewhat confusing and unhelpful information from 24/7 so decided they weren't for us (many people on the CRP have gone with them in the past though, so don't go solely on my word)

Anway in the end we found that Direct Travel and ACE seemed to be the most helpful in their responses and so I went with ACE. Buying the policy was quick and simple, I have printed off the relevant forms and sent the policy number to Yummy.

To tell you the truth I am so glad that it's all over and done with. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders! Let's just cross fingers and pray that I never have a need to claim!

In other news I went for my contact lens check up today, all is fine! Only slight problem is ordering 6 months supply... the suppliers have a backlog due to the last Bank Holiday. So I have had to pay for special delivery to try and get them here within 2 days rather than the 3-4 days they are estimating. Now I know 3-4 days isn't very long, and you may wonder why I am so impatient. Tomorrow is Wednesday (Day 1), Thursday (Day 2), Friday (Most places are shut, including my branch of Specsavers), Saturday (Day 3),  Sunday (Again not open), Monday (Not open), Tuesday (Day 4). As I am leaving my house at 6.30 am on Tuesday I doubt they will be in branch in a town 10 miles away, and that branch open in time for me to get them!

Same goes for my Kindle really.. I have paid extra for it to be guaranteed to have it by 1pm tomorrow. If it isn't here there will be a very strongly worded email going to Amazon saying that I'll buy it in the States... still hopefully it will be here and everything will be fine :)

Phew! You can see why my stress levels have been so high the past week! And I'm having blood pressure done tomorrow... may have to take up meditating!! Also getting haircut tomorrow. Less than a week to go- it's the final countdown!!

No comments:

Post a Comment