You can see, you can see, you can see!!

That's me anyway.. I hope you can all see fine too :)

Past few days I have been able to tick quite a lot off list of things to do. Yesterday I went into Brighton for an eye test. It was the first time I'd been to Specsavers and they were brilliant!! I ended up choosing a pair of glasses which cost £10 (With an NHS voucher), they are a metallic brown colour which I hope is neutral enough for the Disney Look. I saw lots of different pairs with really nice designs on the frames but unfortunately I couldn't have them :(

Only problem was that they couldn't fit me in to see about contacts :( So I had to book an appointment for 26th. Anyway we tried ringing another branch this morning, who had a free appointment for 3.30! I managed to go get my eyes checked out- AGAIN. They did loads of weird tests and I was pretty nervous when she said about putting contacts in to see how my eyes responded. But it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought, the optician said it was meant to feel a bit like an eyelash on my eye but it wasn't even that bad!

As she only had 20 minutes free she mentioned trying to teach me some of the basics about putting contacts in/ taking them out to see how fast I picked it up, but that I would probably have to book another appointment for proper teaching. Luckily though I got the hang of it right away!! I was VERY nervous, and my eyes watered ALOT but she was confident enough to let me wear them home as I was such a fast learner!! YAY!! As Kirstie said to me later.. at least my Uni education counted for something haha.
So that's all sorted.. I just need to gradually increase the amount of time I wear them day by day and then go back for a check in 2 weeks at which point they can issue me with 6months worth! woohoo!!

Basically the reason I wanted to go for contacts (it is by no means a requirement by Disney) is just because I wanted to be able to buy a pair of cheap sunglasses out in Florida that are suitable for Disney. I didn't want to have to get a second pair of prescription sunglasses really. But I will be mixing it up between contacts and glasses :)

Also on my adventures today I picked up some sun lotion in preparation.. I'm thinking SPF 30 is the best option.. and it's not sun cream, but a liquid spray which is really fast drying which is great as I hate that sticky creamy feeling, urgh.

Anyway.. enough of my ramblings.. just glad to have a couple more things to tick off the list. I still have to buy insurance, pay program assessment fee and email Disney sometime in the next week! Phew!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment