Insurance Nightmare

Arrrggghhh!!

I know I promised to let you know all about my adventures up in Essex.. that will be coming soon!

I set aside today to do a few things. 1) Buy insurance, 2) Sort through some clothes to pack, 3) Test out vacuum pack bags to see how much I could get in suitcase.
I completed none of these tasks.

Insurance is awful. I have read so many policies today my brain has completely turned to mush, it's made me confused, angry, stressed and upset.

Now it may be that I've been looking too deep into things, I've been reading all the policies, all the small print, and looking up reviews online of peoples experiences. Needless to say there are mixed reviews for all insurance companies. Also I am on a couple of medications just to manage migraines etc, these are prescribed medications and are stable. But still I've heard/read horror stories that if you don't declare them, insurers will screw you over.

So, at 9pm I have resulted to emailing 4 insurance companies. I've told them the dates I need to be covered, the minimum requirements set out by Disney, and the medication I am on. This way I can get a written response, that I have notified them of my medication and their acknowledgement.

As it is a Bank Holiday I don't expect to hear anything back until Tuesday and then hopefully this farce will be over!! Sorry for the rant, but if I have success after emailing them you can all avoid the mind numbing 4 hours reading through multiple insurance policies, that can be my good deed for the day!

On a happier note I've ordered my Kindle off of Amazon! Just had to pay extra for guaranteed delivery as theres so many Bank Holidays at the moment, but still :)

P.S. Happy Easter everybody! Hope the Easter bunny was extremely kind to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment